The Lucient Engineering & Construction(Pty) Ltd (“Lucient Engineering”) started operations in 2002,as Mechanical Construction Company Botswana (Pty) Ltd (“MCB”). Our maiden construction project was the construction of a 30m x 60m workshop in Commerce Park, Gaborone, Botswana, with our maiden earth-moving equipment project being the overhaul of a P&H 100B series electric blast-hole drill, in Jwaneng Mine. Lucient Engineering aims to become your One-Stop Shop and partner of Choice for the assembly, construction, maintenance and repair of:
Mining and earth moving machinery;
- Process plant equipment & infrastructure.
- Power generation, transmission and distribution systems; and
- Fluid piping and reticulation systems.
- Civils and construction
For Manufacturers and end-users of industrial plant and machinery who need reliable maintenance and after-sales support, Lucient Engineering and Construction; builds, assembles, repairs and maintains heavy duty industrial plant and machinery.
We are an ISO 9001 certified, one-stop-shop, capable of meeting all your maintenance and after-sales support needs across multiple geographies in Africa, providing convenience, confidence and peace of mind
- Keep your promises and do what you say you will do, no excuses.
- Admit your mistakes quickly and learn from them.
- Put the goals of the team before your own personal needs.
- Teach others what you have learned.
To Lead the transformation of Africa through Engineering
To build a world class, African organisation capable of transforming our continent and the lives our people.
Our Core Values to Our Clients
- The convenience and peace of mind of a single point of contact for the maintenance/after-sales support of all client plant and machinery
- Reduction in the client overheads, fixed costs and total costs associated with maintenance/after-sales support for core plant and machinery
- Standardisation of the quality and cost of all maintenance across entire client operation or fleet
- Completed the 1st ever dragline Boom Rebuild in Africa;
- Completion of over 80 dragline 12hr services and at least 3 major dragline shutdowns in Glencore and South 32 Mpumalanga coal mines (Mpumalanga);
- Design and installation of the first fully integrated, multi-vehicle collision avoidance system in the Botswana mining industry;
- First engineering company to carry out 25,000Hr major overhaul of the Bucyrus 495 Mega-Rope shovel in Botswana;
- The only engineering services company in SOUTHERN AFRICA to assemble and commission 60 new Komatsu 930E Haul Trucks (300t);
- Currently busy with one of the largest ever continuous ultra-class truck rebuild programs in Africa (80 trucks);
- The only engineering services company in SOUTHERN AFRICA to factory rebuild of a P&H/Joy Global Le Tourneau L1850 Electric drive FEL;
- The only engineering services company in Botswana to do a full electrical centurion upgrade on the P & H 2800 XPB shovel